Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thoughts on the business side of art and the high end sales prices -


well - if you are creative - then why not create the market - the desire the absolute craving for your art in the art buying collectors - so that they have to buy your work and pay what you want them to pay for it - the fact is that you own your work - until or unless you give it away for less than you want for it - if no one will pay for it - or can afford it at this point in time - then wait until they can - and then let them buy it - I remember someone wanting to buy a leather motorcycle jacket off my back when I was in college - and I actually began to take it off - the price was OK - but it was going to be a bit colder that night after class and so I thought about it - and told him I couldn't because I needed that jacket for later on that night - then I sold it to someone else who insisted on purchasing it at another time for even more money - how can you stop people from buying it when you want more money? simply don't sell it - and then figure out how much you really want for it - (hopefully not based on need of money on your part) and then sell it with no regrets - I certainly got my money's worth out of the leather jacket especially since I got it for nothing as a gift - second hand for that matter as well - it was used - and beat up and whatever - a real work of art - :-) ………………………………………………. 5-22-2013WABCDEFGHIJKLMNO by Walter Paul Bebirian
5-22-2013WABCDEFGHIJKLMNO by Walter Paul Bebirian

No comments:

Post a Comment