Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Answer to - Is the Art of Printing Dead?


this is an interesting question which brings me back a ways - since I started photographing and creating art images over 55 years ago - now that I have immersed myself in the digital world I have had many different ways of doing things that I had not been able to imagine long ago - of course I cannot elaborate on each momentary thought running through my mind for each image that I have photographed over the years - but I certainly feel much more freer when shooting than I ever did previously and I am most positive that working with photoshop on a digital file adds to the greater flexibility that I have when I am shooting with digital - so much so - that I never even bother to imagine exactly what an image will come out as in a print - since once I get to photoshop there are an infinite directions that I can go in with any individual image and once I upload that image to my online galleries which are at the Imagekind site the clients there have a choice to order the print on one of seven paper types or canvas and all in different size choices and well each one of those choices will produce a miraculously different visual of the one original that I created - and the variations then keep coming as time goes on and there are more and more tools being made available in this photoshop as new versions are developed - so I would say that the art of printing is definitely not dead - it has just evolved and morphed and is ever expanding as well - ……………………………………………………………… 5-6-2013GABCDEF by Walter Paul Bebirian
5-6-2013GABCDEF by Walter Paul Bebirian

No comments:

Post a Comment