Monday, May 20, 2013

My response to a discussion of the "Higher Prices" of Art


This morning - in response to a comment about this particular article about a recent art auction: Christie’s Contemporary Art Auction Sets Record at $495 Million the comment that was made along with the posting of this article was: "I am always a little surprised when I read this type of news. It seems there is a disconnect between the high end and the 'rest' of the art market. So, I thought I would ask you how your art / design sales are doing" and my comment which is actually an expression of my feelings in this area of thought is the first time that I have been able to put my feelings into words in such a manner - here is what I responded with: I see the entire process from a different perspective - the way that I look at it - I own my entire collection and if someone wants to buy - purchase - own something from it they simply have to pay the price - in reality - the works that are being sold are in a rather low price range compared to where things will be going in the future - this is always just a matter of time - and how things continue on up as the art that is being dealt with becomes rarer and rarer and thus that much less available to the number of individuals interested and able to afford what is being bid on - (which is at the same time increasing in both numbers as well as buying power) - ………………………………………………… - 4-29-2050KA by Walter Paul Bebirian
4-29-2050KA by Walter Paul Bebirian

No comments:

Post a Comment