Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My thought to Ben Lewis - Art Critic after viewing some of his videos on the High Prices of Art


I am wondering if the art critic world is opposed to business people dealing with art in the way that they know how - which is the way business people deal with things - for example I have watched over and over your interview with Mugrabi Jose - and how he describes his interest in Jackies and for some reason I don't seem to understand the concept that his propping up a market for something that he collects as something unusual for a business man to aspire to and accomplish if he has the money to do it - I also am wondering if the interview with Alberto Mugrabi and Aby Rosen - when you do this is there a discussion before hand of what you will cover during the interview? let's say I was to walk into your home - you are a collector of stamps or whatever because you like them - and then I tell you that I don't think you should collect too many from one country or another because their stamps are like cheese sandwiches *(which I actually am not sure what that means) - well of course if you value something and I don't or my opinion is that it is not worth what you paid for it - that may be the case but for whatever reason if you are a collector of whatever you value that on your own scale - I think that art - today's as well as yesterday's is worth much more than anyone has paid for any of it so far - that is my opinion and that is why I have spent my life creating it - but things are changing now because of technology and I own all of my entire collection of art that I have produced so far and if someone wants to buy a print or canvas they will have to pay the price - no longer does an artist (if they so choose) need to sell his last painting in order to afford to continue on to create - ………………………………………………….. 10-13-2012N by Walter Paul Bebirian
10-13-2012N by Walter Paul Bebirian

No comments:

Post a Comment