Monday, December 28, 2015

Do I have any random thoughts any more? Engulf and Devour!

I was beginning to feel as if I would never have anything to write on this particular blog any more - perhaps because I have focused my attention on other things in different areas of my life for a longer time than usual now - but here is something that struck me again this morning after seemingly disappearing into the distant past - 

what if anything is powerful enough to take on the philosophy of engulf and devour -the  winner takes all stance that jettisoned Microsoft into the stratosphere once it got its act together with the Windows operating system that is was at one point in time have great difficulty with and wanted to allow to fade from its portfolio - 


after reading about the fact that it was a total accident that the fellow who had the answer to Microsoft's unknown prayer  - how to "fix" windows (they were attempting at the time to create a totally different operating system by partnering with IBM at the time) showed up at their doorstep or however he connected with the head of the three man (or very small) team of people still working on Windows  - 


how different things would have been for Microsoft and indeed the entire PC community yes but I am focused on that single fact (as described in the book (Click Moment) that it was an absolute accident that led to their success - 


and which has let me to understand that:


the only strategy that makes sense is a move to action - 
which action does not make any difference because in reality success is a result of randomness - but action is necessary no matter in which direction you go -


and so I am focused on - above all else - action which in my mind is the only way to even come close to perhaps maybe achieving placement in the way of such an accident that will allow me to reach such a winner takes all position in the scheme of things or in other words

:

Engulf and Devour



No comments:

Post a Comment